Wild Animals Cause Expensive Damage
Home damage, no matter the cause, is never something a homeowner wants to have happen, with all the headaches and stress of having to find someone qualified and trustworthy to fix it, the possibility of dealing with slow homeowner insurance response, and a myriad of other worries. Animal damage is often even more worrisome with the knowledge that a potentially dangerous animal is or was in the house and could have left extremely dangerous viruses and bacteria behind in their wake.
Prevention Is The Wise Course
As with many things, prevention of such a scenario is ideal by making sure it is virtually impossible for any animal to get into an attic. If this hasn’t been done then quick discovery of animal entry and immediate action to remedy the situation is paramount to limiting animal damage. We see these animal entry points every day and our technicians are experts in discovering and taking care of these. However, most people don’t know what to look for or assume something else is the cause, such as a wind storm, and we are called after the problem has had time to fester.
9 Common Signs An Animal Is Visiting Your Home
Below are some common signs of animal damage that will help you determine if an animal has possibly entered your home.
- Soffit damage either torn or pushed in or out by raccoons, opossums, squirrels, and rats.
- Runways or trails where animals are traveling to and from can be found both in the attic insulation and on the exterior of the home in dirt, grass, or mulch when dealing with armadillos, raccoons, and opossums.
- Rub or grease marks as rodents leave dark marks from their bodies where they constantly travel. This is most commonly seen with rats.
- Strong odors coming from walls, vents, or the attic from urine, feces, or dead animals.
- Animal droppings.
- Scratching, whining, or other noises from the attic or walls.
- Gnaw or scratch like marks that can be found on soffit, utility lines, electric wires, AC ducts and roof vents.
- Loose or missing door sweeps sometimes chewed by rodents often leave an entry for snakes and rodents
- Upset household pets might become agitated by hearing noises inaudible to humans from the attic or under the home.
CALL 866-263-WILD (9453)